Proudly serving Georgia's 48th district (north Fulton, south Forsyth, and northwest Gwinnett)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should I contact about a bill? Who should I contact about a specific issue I’m facing?
- Where is Senate district 48? Where can I find a map of the district?
- Can I visit Senator Still at the Capitol?
- What is the best way to contact Senator Still?
- What is the difference between a member of the U. S. Congress and the Georgia General Assembly?
- Who represents me in Washington?
- Can I watch floor sessions or committee meetings online?
Who should I contact about a bill?
Who should I contact about _____ ?
For federal matters like national security, legal and illegal immigration, foreign relations, U. S. passport service, the U. S. Postal Service, or federal laws and regulations, you should contact your Congressman or U. S. Senator. If you live in the 48th Senate district, you can find their information below. You should also contact your Congressman or U. S. Senator to express your support for/opposition to federal bills.
For state legislation, the easy answer is that you should contact your state representative or state senator. However, if the bill has been assigned to a Senate committee, it may be helpful to contact the members of that committee as well. You can find a list of Senate committees and members here.
Furthermore, please keep in mind that you should contact members of your city council or county Board of Commissioners for local matters.
- Understand that special interest groups send out frequent emails to their lists regarding legislation. Most of these groups provide useful, honest information. However, there are some groups who send deceptive messages and outright lies to their readers to create outrage and raise money. Please make sure that you do your own research and read the bills yourself. You can find any legislation that has been filed here.
- Please contact your legislator before the bill is brought to the floor for a vote.
Who is my Member of Congress?
Who represents me in Washington?
Congressman Rich McCormick (R)
U. S. House District 6
Congresswoman Lucy McBath (D)
U. S. House District 7
U. S. Senator Jon Ossoff (D)
2021 – Present
U. S. Senator Rafael Warnock (D)
2021 – Present
If you are unsure of your Congressional district, click this link. In the section titled, HOW TO CONTACT YOUR MEMBER, enter your address to find your member of Congress.
What is the difference between a member of the U. S. Congress and the Georgia General Assembly?
Members of Congress are Representatives and Senators who serve in the legislative branch of the federal government in Washington DC.
Members of the Georgia General Assembly serve in the legislative branch of the state government.
Where is Senate district 48?
Senate district 48 includes southeast Forsyth county, northwest Gwinnett county, and northeast Fulton county. If you’d like to download the detailed district map, you will find it here.
Can I watch floor sessions or committee meetings online?
Senate media services produces live-stream services for floor sessions and most Senate committee meetings. Senator Still encourages constituents to watch as many of these as possible to stay informed.
To watch a floor session or committee meeting in real-time:
- Click here.
- Scroll down to the section entitled “Senate Schedule.”
- If video is available, you will see a video icon. Click on it.
To view past committee meetings:
- Click here.
- Find the committee and click on it.
- Click on the “Meeting Archives” button.
What is the best way to contact Senator Still?
Senator Still’s email address is Shawn.Still@senate.ga.gov. He would love to hear from you. This is the best way to contact him by email at any time of the year.
Please note that if you send him a form email like those that are typically sent by special interest groups that say something like “Contact your Legislator,” or “Let your Senator know how you feel,” he probably won’t receive it due to email filters. Writing your own original email is always best.
Senator Still’s office phone number is 404-656-7127. Please feel free to call anytime.
You are welcome to visit Senator Still at his office during session in suite 305-B Coverdell Legislative Office Building. It is recommended that you make an appointment.
Can I visit Senator Still at the State Capitol?
You are always welcome! Please know that Senator Still only keeps regular hours at his Atlanta office while the General Assembly is in session January through March. If you or your group would like to visit during that time, please contact his administrative assistant at 404-656-7127.